Hi,

On 09/30/2011 07:48 PM, Richard Fairhurst wrote:
I think
you could make a case that OSM in the US is being held back by the
community's failure to agree on a common tagging scheme for roads

Really? Are there people who say "I'd rather not map because there is no consensus on the roads tagging"? Are those people the 20,000 missing mappers in the US?

Ideally this should be done by, as you say, "facilitating a consensus",

Personally I'd think a per-state consensus would already be quite good. Greece and Norway use different tagging schemes - so why would anyone be "held back" if Texas uses something other than Alaska?

Bye
Frederik