For range data there is uncertainty how to increment addresses when an
end is such as

N82W15855 VALLEY VIEW DR,, MENOMONEE FALLS, WI, 53051-3709, USA
45-558 KAMEHAMEHA HWY STE B3,, KANEOHE, HI, 96744-1944, USA
46-026 A ALALOA ST,, KANEOHE, 96744-3824, USA, HI

On Tue, Oct 4, 2011 at 9:39 PM, Mike N <nice...@att.net> wrote:
> On 10/4/2011 9:04 PM, Steven Johnson wrote:
>>
>> The purpose of this project is to improve the tagging and better reflect
>> local addressing practice, particularly in areas where the Karlsruhe
>> schema does not fit local practice. This includes Japan and United
>> States, but likely other regions as well. We've made attempts to
>> consolidate a number of addressing discussions and proposals from around
>> the OSM wiki.
>
>  I must confess that I haven't seen cases in the US that aren't already
> covered by Karlsruhe.   The only thing I can think of would be multi floors
> and building interiors - which aren't generally mapped in OSM anyway. If the
> problem is that something isn't documented clearly, that can be addressed.
> One thing I noticed is that the page links to the proposed Karlsruhe schema
> rather than the 'approved' page:
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:addr
>
>  I started to look at the US ... Address Data Standard and admit that I'd be
> blown away at trying to at trying to add any of it to typical OSM address
> data collection process.   I'd probably just end up entering everything with
> FIXME's and let someone else fix it.  <g>

Carl Anderson, GISP

cander...@spatialfocus.com
carl.ander...@vadose.org