On 1/30/2012 8:38 PM, Paul Johnson wrote:
Many in Multnomah County only have diamonds, no arrows, no other
markings, with a ◊ RIGHT LANE BIKE ONLY sign**every half mile or every
block, whichever comes first, with BIKE ONLY markings and arrows only at
the intersections.  I think they grandfathered themselves in, newer
lanes and other counties replace ◊ with 🚲 (bicycle symbol); prior to
the middle of last decade, bike lanes only had diamonds and occasionally
said BIKE ONLY.

Yes, if there's a sign then the lane doesn't need any special markings. I'm talking about a local case where, if I remember correctly, there are no signs and a pseudo-bike lane with a diamond and arrow only.