Nathan Edgars II <nerou...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/31/2012 4:07 PM, Nick Hocking wrote:
> > Blimey - two streets up from Arvia, Asbury Street was incorrectly
> > named in OSM as Ashbury.
> > Just how many typos are there in L.A.
> > Hey - now there's a good idead for a competition!!!
>
> What you mean is that imports are better than surveying (since mappers
>
> make typos). The correctness of this is left to the reader.

All mappers make some errors, whether you are talking about the mappers who
originally created the data found in TIGER, OSM mappers, or even Google Maps.
I found a case in Google Maps the other day where, if you searched for a
certain street address, it would point you to a location that was on the
correct street, but a couple of miles from the correct location.

--
John F. Eldredge --  j...@jfeldredge.com
"Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to