On 3/11/2012 10:28 PM, Josh Doe wrote:
Do you find the new subdivisions manually as well?

Yes, I just used the overlay method as outlined on the Wiki where new roads are highlighted. The only trick was that deleted roads also would show up as new roads, and recognizing that someone had really deleted an original TIGER road, and it was not a newly created road. Fortunately<g>, this area is a desert of OSM participation, so there were not many delete-road corrections.

Just a point of clarification regarding my conflation plugin [0];
currently it is geared towards finding 1-to-1 correspondences, such as
matching GNIS nodes to areas. It does not handle N-to-M
correspondences like you'll have with roads, and it doesn't take care
of topology issues. However there is another user working on a TIGER
conflation plugin which should handle these things, but I'm not sure
how far he is from having something usable. That being said, I am
sorely in need of getting feedback on the design of my conflation
plugin.:)

I gave it another spin and created a TRAC ticket. The big gain is when I can conflate between layers - either with the conflation pugin or the possible TIGER plugin. There will certainly be other mod wishes for that application such as glomming roads and tag handling such as removing tiger:reviewed... etc.