On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:04 PM, Clifford Snow <cliff...@snowandsnow.us> wrote:
> I am working on remapping parts of Seattle.  Road data is available, but
> there are a number of parks that will be lost with the license change. I'm
> not sure where to get the data for the park boundaries.  I have enough local
> knowledge to get the names of the parks but not the boundaries.   Any
> suggestions?  And I have made numerous attempts to contact the original
> undecided posted to no avail.

For the parks, I would say worst case scenario is just add them as
nodes. That's how a lot of parks were originally imported from GNIS
anyway. If you can trace approximate outlines from Bing, so much the
better.

One option for possible boundary data in Washington is the department
of ecology. Their terms of use seem pretty open (they require
attribution). I tried to ask them about county boundaries a couple of
days ago and was told that this data actually comes from another
department and would have to ask them. So I just used TIGER data to
license clean the county borders yesterday. But they might have other
information on parks and such if you can get permission to use it.

As for the non-responder, I assume you are talking about Sunny? I'm
Pretty sure there is no chance of contacting him. Based on my searches
I believe he(?) is from China and spent a few years here in the US.
When he returned to China in 2009 he completely dropped off the
internet. Anyone know if OSM is blocked by the great firewall?

Toby