On 4/2/2012 12:18 PM, Richard Weait wrote:
I think imports (taking a large number of objects from an external
source and placing them in OSM all at once) is bad for the community.
Most of you have heard me say this before.  I still have no hard
evidence to prove it.  There is also no hard counter-evidence.  At
best, imported data will be unmaintained.  I glibly offer most TIGER
ways as evidence.

I offer TIGER as counterevidence. It's imperfect but a great starting point for local mappers, especially those without a GPS setup.

No comment on the proposed import.