..and I'll end my part in this with this - I've contacted the two people I am interested in helping. I will talk to them and work our way through the problem. I am interested in getting more people editing - not arguing over the technical.

As for imports - I guess I shouldn't have imported the NHD data for my region. But I did. I've improved it since the import. Parts failed - parts worked well - I've done what I can to make it better overall. I will import more data when appropriate - when it's not appropriate I will get out and manually collect and edit the data.

Ask not what OSM can do for you - Ask what you can do to make the map better. We're all here to do that and attract users and editors - making answers cryptic, offering up blanket statements on user experience, and not offering help won't do it.

Have a nice day
Randy

Randal Hale, GISP
North River Geographic Systems, Inc