Steve All wrote:
> Now, when and how will this bot run?  Over the entire planet.osm?
> In something like one-degree of latitude at a time swaths?  (That's
> just a guess).  Can you sense my frustration when I feel like I
> should be able to "just go and find these things out" (maybe in a
> big, all-encompassing "License Change -- what you need to know,
> do and not do" wiki page), but it really does appear to be a
> challenge?

I believe the intention is to do a trial run over Ireland first. Ireland is
almost completely ODbL/CT-compliant
(http://odbl.poole.ch/ireland-20120601-20120531-poly.html) so it should
prove a safe testing ground. This should hopefully be in early July, but
we've not had a great track record on dates so far. ;) The decision on how
to proceed for the rest of the planet will then be taken in the light of
that.

As with everything in OSM, our internal comms are limited by manpower and
willingness to "step up to the plate". Generally the people doing the work
are too busy doing the work to write a wiki page... twas ever thus. So I'm
telling you what I know, but there's always scope to get involved - even if
it's just by stopping in at #osm-dev from time to time and finding out
what's going on.

cheers
Richard