On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 1:23 PM, Serge Wroclawski <emac...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 1:20 AM, Martijn van Exel <m...@rtijn.org> wrote:
>
> > On a related note, I was thinking about a traveling mapping party kit:
> > a bunch of GPSes, swag, some vests, instruction leaflets. A neat idea
> > in itself, but I feel the US is just too big to make that practical.
>
> To sell, I fear the GPSes make it cost prohibitive.
>
> To lend, I suspect the GPSes make it hard to seed.
>
> But hey I'd love to be proven wrong.

If we were to have regular mapping parties in the DC region (or NY), I'm
sure that Wikimedia DC (or NYC) could fund a kit for the Mapping DC folks.

I'm not sure about sending them across the country to lend out.  We could
lend out within our region and maybe somewhat beyond.

Cheers,
Katie

> - Serge

Katie Filbert
Board member, Wikimedia District of Columbia
http://wikimediadc.org
filbe...@gmail.com
@filbertkm / @wikimediadc