I'd suggest the USGS Store map locator (
http://store.usgs.gov/b2c_usgs/usgs/maplocator/(xcm=r3standardpitrex_prd&layout=6_1_61_48&uiarea=2&ctype=areaDetails&carea=%24ROOT)/.do
)
 to get a list/images of current and historic sheets or the area.

Sanborn Fire Insurance maps are a go to source as well, but as they're
under copyright they cannot be traced for OSM.

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 8:29 AM, Richard Weait <rich...@weait.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Peter Dobratz <pe...@dobratz.us> wrote:
> > I'm updating parts of the map in my local area (Derry and Londonderry,
> NH)
> > and it looks like there was definitely a railroad of some kind here
> before.
> >
> > There's a dirt path here:
> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/89361695
> > This connects to a road called "Trolley Car Lane":
> > http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/way/18863837
> >
> > If you look at the Bing image layer, you can see a line of trees that run
> > behind 109 Hillside Avenue in Londonderry and then intersect Wyman
> Street in
> > Derry.  Apart from that I can't see any traces of the railway from the
> > aerial photos.
> >
> > There aren't any plaques on the ground or anything to explain what was
> once
> > here.  Trying some internet searches, I can't seem to find any additional
> > information about this former railway.  Does anyone have any ideas about
> > where to look to find more information?
>
> Old maps in the local library.

John Novak
585-OLD-TOPOS (585-653-8676)