I've been cleaning up and converting the Alaska admin boundaries and
relations and I've come across two questions where I could use some more
local feedback. I'm not finished yet, I still have to go back and fix some
mistakes (ugh) and de-duplicate more ways.

As no one had touched most of the boundaries since an import in 2008 I doubt
that anyone feels too strongly about them.

(a) CPD tagging

Alaska is not divided into counties[1] but into boroughs instead. These
boroughs do not cover the entire land area of the state. The remainder is
part of the unorganized borough (see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unorganized_borough)

The census bureau divided the unorganized borough into 11 census areas.
These have no legal significance but serve to sub-divided the state into
convenient parts. In spite of this they are in many ways like counties. I've
tagged them the same as counties (admin_level=6) but I'm not convinced that
this is the best tagging.

(b) Coastline boroughs/CPDs

For a reference on terms, see
http://www.nauticalcharts.noaa.gov/csdl/images/GIS_marineboundaries.jpg

I'm not sure where the way showing the limit of the coastline boroughs
should be. Currently it is an approximated offset coastline with digitizing
artifacts. The options I see are

(1) The 12 nautical mile limit (US territorial sea claims)

(2) The 3 nautical mile limit (state submerged land limit, traditional
territorial sea claims limit)

(3) The coastline way

(4) The existing crudely drawn inaccurate imported limit.

The way for (2) does not exist and would need to be created.

Within the accuracy we're likely to have in the region there is no
difference between the mean higher high water coastline and the mean lower
low water coastline.