On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Brian May <b...@mapwise.com> wrote:
> On 11/27/2012 7:06 AM, Serge Wroclawski wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 6:56 AM, Josh Doe <j...@joshdoe.com> wrote:

>>> Just to be clear (and from glancing at the code), this will only expand
>>> type/prefix/suffix if it has a corresponding tiger:* tag?
>>
>> Yes.
>

> Another clarification for this use case:
> A user changes the original highway name tag from "Main St SW" to "SW Main
> Street", but did not alter the tiger tags.
>
> So - if the street name has been edited and the tiger tags were left
> unchanged (and now do not match the street name), the bot will not change
> the street name value, correct? In other words, the tiger tags will not
> override anything in the highway:name tag if its been edited, correct?

Time for concrete examples and tests.

I just ran a test file through the bot. It had a single way in it with
the following tags:
highway=residential
name=Main St SW
tiger:name_base=Main
tiger:name_type=St
tiger:name_direction_suffix=SW

This resulted in the name being expanded to "Main Street Southewst"

Then I left all tags the same but changed name="Southwest Main Street"
and the bot did not make any changes.

This seems correct to me.

Toby