Hi, one last personal note on the mapathon and a big thank you (literally)
http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/!i!/diary/18132

bye,
Matthias

Am 25.11.2012 15:37, schrieb Matthias Meißer:
Hi,

if we look at the current stats, >150 users joined the OPC2012 which
results in 300 active mappers in the US (as the usual 200 ones).
Personally I like to send out an "Thank you all!" message, but maybe we
all can build something more personal? Just a few ideas:

1. Collecting photo snapshots of the american OSM community and build a
collage with it? Maybe the string "Thank you" with your faces? Or as
part in a animation? (who can do this videoediting?)

2. Writing the String in all possible languages (in german: "Vielen
Dank!") in the USA deserts at OSM, taking a snapshot and removing them
afterwards?

Maybe you have another ideas, how you can thank people contributing from
the other end of the world?

Matthias