This is what I've found in the Wiki. An old recommendation and discussion, but
useful re-starting point
 http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:boundary%3Daboriginal_lands

* Mikel Maron * +14152835207 @mikel s:mikelmaron

>________________________________

good idea.
>>        I have a
large file of data from the Acoma tribe, but my efforts to negotiate the
import wiki have been fruitless. I can't made heads or tails of it.
>>        Further, I
don't know if it's the kind of data we want (though they say it is public
domain and gave permission in writing). It is road center lines for the
whole reservation. I remember a remark somewhere in this forum that
center lines are not the best data. At any rate, I'm not a good judge of
whether or not it is what we want.
>>        In
addition, I've already done work on the main roads, though often I'm
lacking a name or number.
>>        And, I
don't have tools to exmine a data file to see if it is congruent with
what OSM can use.
>>        So, for
many reasons, having a knowledgeable group take this on seems to me like
a great idea.

>>Best,
>>
>>Charlotte
>>
>>At 06:42 AM 12/17/2012, you wrote:
>>
>>Folks,
>>>
>>>I know what it's like to be excited about OSM, and I know what it's
>>>like to be frustrated with OSM, struggling with low data quality, or
>>>lack of data altogether.
>>>
>>>And then you get access to a large dataset, and you know that having
>>>it in OSM would improve things. It would improve the quality, and
>>>maybe even get people mapping. At the same time, I think many of you
>>>have seen the damage that bad imports can do.
>>>
>>>The result is that folks like myself and others are frustrated by
the
>>>import process, and folks who have good, useful datasets are
frstrated
>>>by the import process.
>>>
>>>So I'm proposing a new committee, run by the US Chapter, to help
guide
>>>imports and large edits.
>>>
>>>This will give step by step guidance to those who want to import
data,
>>>and offer the larger community time to review and provide
feedback.

>>>When I helped create the US Chapter several years ago, this was one
of
>>>the main reasons I thought it should exist, but I think there's
>>>finally the amount of data and interest to justify it.
>>>
>>>What do folks think?
>>>
>>>- Serge

>> Charlotte Wolter
>>927 18th Street Suite A
>>Santa Monica, California
>>90403
>>+1-310-597-4040
>>techl...@techlady.com
>>Skype: thetechlady
>>
>>The Four Internet Freedoms
>>Freedom to visit any site on the Internet
>>Freedom to access any content or service that is not illegal
>>Freedom to attach any device that does not interfere with the
network
>>Freedom to know all the terms of a service, particularly any that would
affect the first three freedoms.