On 1/2/2013 2:16 PM, Richard Welty wrote:
in my experience, deprecated is a pretty official declaration that
something shouldn't
be done/used anymore. java developers like me are quite accustomed to
seeing
APIs we use suddenly coming up "deprecated", leading us to scramble to
the docs
to see what we're supposed to switch to now.

I agree - I've already converted some of my local tagging away from a 'deprecated' tag, only to find out that none of the data consumers recognize the new tag.

A better description would be "cross reference one or more alternate tags" for data consumers to expect and handle.