Hi Frederik,

I never thought of it being used in the context of the overpass API.
But, yes I think it work. You could supply 1 to N OSM entities to the
overpass API (perhaps just an OSM file), and it would return a "best"
match and a score to data in the OSM database. It could be an
interesting way to deploy this kind of functionality to everybody that
needs it.

Thanks
Jason.