That is incredibly encouraging news, congrats on the win!  A few years back I
started a small discussion on Talk-US on whether or not the NYC data license
was usable as it has a very similar, if not identical, clause in their own
license (The conclusion was the same as yours).

I'm curious if this is perhaps a term that Socrata offers in their
configuration that cities and municipalities opt-in for.  In any case, thanks
for sharing this news.. Definitely something I'll add to my mental list of open
data success stories :)

-Skye