On 02/25/2013 03:06 PM, Rick Marshall wrote:
Serge is right though, the blue text with the white halo for the water
features is difficult to read.  Sometimes it appears a little blurry.
I am not sure a black halo will do the trick either.  What about
changing the color of the text; maybe making it a darker shade of
blue?

I completely agree. This is far from the finished map and it needs a lot more work. In addition to hard-to-read labels and layering issues, there are many basic features still missing from the map.

Most importantly, the demo uses all pre-rendered tiles. That works for a small area like this, but becomes impractical for a nationwide map. The biggest challenge may be to get acceptable rendering performance so that tiles can be rendered as they are requested. Nevertheless, I'm hopeful it can be done without too many compromises.

- Lars