On 2/25/2013 8:30 PM, Alex Barth wrote:

    Elliott Pack will talk about mapping bus routes in Baltimore. Swing by!

Great presentation; I couldn't manage to get my video chat working, but have one comment.

Re: Bus Route relations way members and the negative recommendation in the Wiki that role 'forward', 'backward', and 'alternate' no longer be used: One case they are useful is where the transport map indicates travel direction. Bidirectional travel is shown by a solid line, and a single travel direction is shown with embedded arrows, as in this example:

http://tile.memomaps.de/?zoom=17&lat=34.84947&lon=-82.39806&layers=TBTTT

I could not find the recommendation not to use the roles in the Wiki.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:route

Of course, the routes are still shown as solid lines if no roles are used.