* John F. Eldredge <j...@jfeldredge.com> [2013-05-18 09:49 -0500]:
> You might want to take a look at how Virginia is mapped.  Cities in
> Virginia are not considered to be subordinate to counties, even if
> surrounded on all sides by a county.

>From what I've seen of Virginia, it seems to be mapped the way
Maryland has Baltimore City: independent cities are considered to be
coequal to counties and are mapped with admin_level=6, the same as
counties.  NYC is a little different in that the five boroughs are
counties that are subordinate to the city (which, I suspect, is why
NYC is currently mapped as admin_level=5).

--- --
The problem with using C++ ... is that there's already a strong tendency
in the language to require you to know everything before you can do
anything.
                       -- Larry Wall