* Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org> [2013-06-25 09:40 -0500]:
> There seems to be some disagreement on how to handle the super-two (or
> super-four s California has a few of) highways.
[snip]
> I'm under the understanding that the consensus for a motorway would be
> fully multiple (at minimum 2) carriageway with limited access, whereas a
> trunk would be any motorway that doesn't meet that criteria (intersections,
> single carriageway, etc).

That matches my understanding.

Maryland Route 90 seems to be what people would call a super-two and,
although parts of it are divided, other parts have no physical separation.
For most of its length, it has no at-grade intersections.  When I was
doing TIGER cleanup in that area, I decided that highway=trunk fit better
than highway=motorway.  (Although NE2, somewhat unsurprisingly, decided
that he knew better and has retagged it highway=motorway with oneway=no on
the undivided sections.)