On Jul 19, 2013, at 9:36 AM, Clifford Snow wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 9:03 AM, Alex Barth <a...@mapbox.com> wrote:
>> The local dimension of OpenStreetMap was exactly why OSM US decided to do
>> #editathons. There's one happening this weekend, join us.
>>
>> http://openstreetmap.us/2013/07/july-summer-editathon/
>
> Our group is signed up.  (Seattle)
>
> Well I've been promoting this event quite enough on this list so I'm sure
> everyone of you already has this on the radar :) But share it in your
> networks if you haven't yet. It's not too late.

We had excellent turnout yesterday in San Francisco with almost 20 people in
Code for America's Ben Franklin room. We got a lot of newcomers who had
attended the June SOTM and were interested in contributing, a near 50/50 gender
balance (!!!), and a handful of traditional GIS & education people who were
looking for connections to the OSM world. Attendees worked on a bunch of
projects: cycling route relations in Kansas City, building import process for
SF, highly-detailed parking lot models for San Ramon, addresses and business in
San Jose, and automated detection of unmapped suburbs from Telenav probe data
(not public).

Photo:
        https://twitter.com/michalmigurski/status/358695759769632768/photo/1

Partial attendee list:
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Alan
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Allison%20Carpio
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/bdiscoe
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/chachasikes
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/curiousscholar
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/dirtysouth
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/EmilyWask
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/jfire
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/matthieun
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/mdrigo
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/migurski
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/MonoSim
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Ondrae
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/rduecyg
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/robertstack
    http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Thomas%20Hervey

Also, here is a JSON API to see the last 25 edits for the #editathon hashtag:
        http://osm-tags.teczno.com/tag/editathon?callback=do_stuff

…and all the #editathon changesets as of two minutes ago:
        http://mike.teczno.com/img/editathon-2013-07-21-17-43-00Z.csv

-mike.

sf/ca            http://mike.teczno.com/contact.html