Richard Welty <rwe...@averillpark.net> writes:

> one notable omission from the list of openstreetmap mailing lists is
> something like
> jobs or talk-jobs. other communities have such lists.
>
> is this something worth trying to get set up? i suspect that
> jobs/consulting discussion
> would seem out of place on talk or talk-us even though they are  the only
> places even vaguely appropriate from the current list of mailing lists.

I think it makes sense to set that up, if only to make it more clear
that the topic generally doesn't fit on talk.

And, the guidelines should say that it's about jobs that involved
openstreetmap, or at least using open data with open source tools.  (I
have seen a job posting on an osgeo regional list that was about using a
large proprietary GIS on proprietary data.  That's fine if people want
to do that, but posting such things on an open-data/open-source
community list isn't ok.)

That said, if a job posting was about something that involved only open
data and tools and where the results were available to the community,
then that seems fine to be ok talk, as long as it doesn't overwhelm the
list.