As they're the US chapter elections, members of the US chapter can vote.

To avoid confusion, I should note that there is no formal link between
the OpenStreetMap Foundation (OSMF) and OpenStreetMap US (OSM-US).

The OSMF acts as the legal entity of the OpenStreetMap project, is the
custodian of the servers and services that run openstreetmap.org, and
organizes the annual State of the Map conference.

OSM-US "supports the OpenStreetMap project in the United States through
fostering awareness, ensuring broad availability of data, continuous
quality improvement, and an active community".

I know that those running know this (or should!), but there periodically
is confusion among other people.