> which are rendered on the map with their name. Are there any ideas for a
> better tagging as most of
> them (all?) arent really schools any more.
> I tagged some as
> historic=school
> which was in the database 80 times. Any better ideas?

they shouldn't be tagged as amenity=school if they aren't currently used as
school, and the name-tag shouldn't contain descriptions like
"(historical)". There are several possibilities to deal with this, probably
also depending on the situation (e.g. how long it is that there was an
actual school).

On way is to use prefixes, e.g.
disused:amenity=school

or abandoned:amenity=school
etc.

this is preferable over adding a attribute like disused=yes as the latter
would provoke misinterpretations (if you don't search for these status
attributes), a risk that is circumvented with the prefix.

Another way is to simply tag the building as what it is and don't use any
amenity at all, e.g.
building=school (= this is a building of the building type school)
name=* (should be the name of the building in this case, as name always
refers to where it is attached to)
etc.

you can of course also use historic=school but I would personally prefer
one of the two ways described above, the first for not so long closed
schools and the second for the rest.

cheers,
Martin