I know that in some states that we don't add the state abbreviation (and use
'SR' or 'SH'), and other states we don't add anything at all expect just the
number.

I'm just curious if anybody thinks we should try to get them all standardized
on the ways.  For instance, we should start adding the 'FL' part to ways in
Florida when we edit them since right now, all we have is just the number.  I
personally would love to see 'FL' in the ref tags properly as I think the main
reason that one Florida user didn't add them (and maybe kept removing them if
added by any other user) was to make the ref tags render in Mapnik if there was
more than one route on the highway.  And as we do know, tagging for the
renderer is frowned upon.

Now, I know we do want to move to using just relations to render the shields in
the future, but as of right now, we still need to keep both ways working
together.  So, I thought we should just hase this out again so we can attempt
to get each state on the same page if possible.

-James