Hi all,

I want to thank all of you who were able to make it to DC this past weekend
for coming to SOTM US. I had a great time and that was in no small part
because I was able to get together with some of the folks here on this list.

If you weren't able to make it, and want to see the talks, head over to the
web site and watch them online. With my mapper goggles on, I thought these
were particularly interesting:

* Paul Mach from Strava, talk on matching poorly traced OSM geometries to
their GPS traces - cool and it works today!
http://stateofthemap.us/session/slide/
* The lightning talks had some great stuff, like Mapillary, Maptime,
OpenAddresses, OpenDroneMap:
http://stateofthemap.us/session/lightning-talks/
* Kathleen talked about organizing local meet ups:
http://stateofthemap.us/session/meeting-in-person/
* <ahem> MapRoulette :) : http://stateofthemap.us/session/faites-vos-jeux/
* Interesting data on where the US mappers actually are (and where not)
from Dennis Zielstra:
http://stateofthemap.us/session/where-are-the-us-mappers-at/

I guess I could go on but I thought I'd highlight a few to get you going.

If you were there, let me know what you thought of the whole thing, what
you liked, and what we can do better - either on list or email.

Thanks. Oh and reminder! Edit-a-thon this weekend! We have 9 cities signed
up already --> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/US_Spring_Editathon_2014

--
Martijn van Exel
President, US Chapter