Seattle's event had a good turn out. We had about 9 people, although some
people came late and others left early. We had a mix of new people and
experienced ones. Thanks to the OSM-US we now have OSM vests that Paul
Norman brought down from Vancouver. It is interesting that we had new
people that have never mapped before and new to OSM but have a background
in GIS. As a side note, the iD introduction is great for getting people
going. We just have to help with how to tag items.

We did have a lively discussion on copying data (don't.)

Now, where are the statistics from this weekend?

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 2:41 AM, Alex Barth <a...@openstreetmap.us> wrote:

> DC went great with about 25 people showing up. Had a great conversation
> here with steven johnson about going more directly after student
> participants. Maybe a model for other editathons too? For dc, it definitely
> helps branding the editathon as explicitly open to beginners. We routinely
> have about 10 pple show up who havent done much openstreetmap before.
>

> On Sunday, April 27, 2014, Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org> wrote:
>
>> I got pretty much no response locally to the idea, but then discovered
>> that eastern Oklahoma was already awash in events this weekend.  I
>> ultimately went to Wild Nights <http://www.wildnights.org/> and I'm
>> doing laundry now.  I believe we also had a couple big renfaires and a
>> maker's fair in the region this weekend, and next weekend's another big
>> renfaire weekend.  Aah, the perils of trying to organize an editathon in a
>> part of the country where nerdy pursuits are mainstream!
>>

>> On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 7:40 PM, Alex Barth <a...@openstreetmap.us>wrote:
>>
>>> This weekend the annual OpenStreetMap spring #editathon takes place in
>>> the US.
>>>
>>> Are you planning to host an #editathon this upcoming weekend?
>>>
>>> Put your place on the list to be in the blog announcement on
>>> openstreetmap.us tomorrow:
>>>
>>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/US_Spring_Editathon_2014
>>>
>>> Learn all about #editathon's here:
>>> http://openstreetmap.us/2013/07/why-editathons/