Unfortunately, the high-resolution imagery isn't available everywhere in the US
yet, and Bing is better than the NAIP.

--
Saikrishna Arcot
On Sunday, July 06, 2014 08:28:27 AM Saikrishna Arcot wrote:

Hi all,

I noticed that there is a wiki page on the USGS High Resolution
Orthoimagery[1], but that the link is outdated. The new resource to use is
likely one of these[2] folders. I've looked at the 1-foot imagery, and this
seems to be sharper or equal quality than the Bing imagery in at least two
areas. In addition, according to this[3] page, only Canada and the border data
is marked as "View only"; all other counties are public domain.

Is there any reason this imagery can't be used in OSM, and perhaps even be
added as one of the pre-existing imagery sources in JOSM?

--
Saikrishna Arcot

--------
[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/USGS_High_Resolution_Orthoimagery