On 2014-07-15 10:37 AM, Scott Rollins wrote:
​I think we hit a "divided by a common language" situation here. From the dictionaries I found, "launchpad" appears to be perfectly acceptable (and, it appeared to me, the preferred spelling) in American English.
Although I'm not commenting on the overall issue, it's worth remembering that tags are, by convention, in British English, not American English.

Additionally, unless there's something specific to the United States about a situation, the global tagging list is often a better place to raise tagging question, to help ensure that tagging is consistent across the database.