From: Greg Morgan [mailto:dr.kludge...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 9:22 AM
To: stevea
Cc: talk-us@openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Talk-us] Prima Facie Speed Limits

I wonder if 15 mph in a school zone and 25 mph in a residential area are some sort of federal standard? The source tag might be useful but not much different than other states.

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 10:31 AM, stevea <<mailto:stevea...@softworkers.com>stevea...@softworkers.com> wrote: The federal government doesn't have anything to say about speed limits (in states), as the US Constitution leaves such things to the states.

I was thinking more like a stop sign is red and eight sided. A traffic engineer told me that there is a federal standard governing how intersections are marked, etc.