On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 11:30 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Il giorno 03/ott/2014, alle ore 20:13, Darrell Fuhriman <darr...@garnix.org>
>> ha scritto:
>>
>> There are many, many ways that someone could be experienced with OSM and a
>> valuable contributor while never having made a single edit.
>

> I'm not sure, how would someone  know what it is about without having done it?

I'm not going to go quite as far as Darrell in saying that it's a
meaningless measure, but we're talking about the Board here. I'll
argue that a well-functioning Board should have representatives
skilled in such things as publicity, outreach, fundraising,
accounting, activism, perhaps some amount of legal. It's great if
Board members are actively editing, but people can get an effective
understanding of what OSM is about without being an active editor.

Other measures that I mentioned over IRC yesterday would be things
like GitHub activity, which includes both code to OSM projects (e.g.,
openstreetmap-carto or the rails port) and OSM-US-related process.
State of the Map US is planned via GitHub issues, and the valuable
work of gathering sponsors, scheduling, organizing sessions, selecting
scholarship winners, etc. is buried there, and lost in google
hangouts.

And with all these measures, assessing quantity is a lot easier than
assessing quality.

Eric