Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 08:24:25 -0700
From: Greg Morgan <dr.kludge...@gmail.com>
To: Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org>
Cc: Hans De Kryger <hans.dekryge...@gmail.com>,
 Marc Gemis <marc.ge...@gmail.com>, "Shawn K. Quinn" <skqu...@rushpost.com>,
 OpenStreetMap talk-us list <talk-us@openstreetmap.org>
Subject: Re: [Talk-us] Vandalism
X-Authority-Analysis: v=2.1 cv=Ef5GQZWC c=1 sm=1 tr=0 a=CoGJZMXjC9ZqYjZMN9F/3A==:117 a=CRRwbcOFI+X/mpt5jVcafw==:17 a=ayC55rCoAAAA:8 a=0oj8HZZGiqAA:10 a=nDghuxUhq_wA:10 a=BLceEmwcHowA:10 a=wPDyFdB5xvgA:10 a=xqWC_Br6kY4A:10 a=pGLkceISAAAA:8 a=TZb1taSUAAAA:8 a=595fbENkAAAA:8 a=1XWaLZrsAAAA:8 a=b4PE_LTqAAAA:8 a=CLIU2iLmAAAA:8 a=JhiPbq5Ncdbc_whz1IQA:9 a=QEXdDO2ut3YA:10 a=Zyuk-9MBs18A:10 a=MSl-tDqOz04A:10 a=QMsjBSKT7LQA:10 a=BdHZsLrCs2gA:10 a=FDfoUb2VCRyWvLG0bQMA:9 a=BBQjdOiG7L-rZq-X:21 a=Oh4A9SA5_CyJWz607JUA:9 a=1mqQPh2WKVcA:10 a=Rg0RHN00k_UA:10 a=3CP7XzAW9HEA:10

I think this is still a question for the DWG. I agree that it would be great to look at case from a positive perspective. In that respect, It would have been great if they just added a poi for the business, address, etc However, when you look at the user page, <http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Cheryl%20Daly>http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Cheryl%20Daly, then you see that it was all about advertisement. Changing a street name to the person's name and business and using the change set description as yet another form of advertisement, <http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/25304540>http://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/25304540, then you see it was nothing more than vandalism.

The map has been fixed. Perhaps the real question for DWG is should the person's bio page, the person's bio icon, and the change set description be scrubbed by the DWG? Moreover, should the description say, "Removed because of vandalism."  What do you think?

Regards,
Greg

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 1:31 AM, Paul Johnson <<mailto:ba...@ursamundi.org>ba...@ursamundi.org> wrote: It happens sometimes. Had a campground respond and ask if I'd be willing to detail map their property for them.