We have a similar convention in the US for doing that, though usually
requires tagging traffic_sign=maxspeed, maxspeed=?? mph in a few places,
since there's often multiple "steps" from rural speeds to town speeds when
entering a town or city (Oklahoma sense; Oregon would call anything
incorporated "city" regardless of size, even when the town name more or
less accurately describes the size of the city in question (Wood Village,
Government Camp); neither state has the concept any other settlement types
we have in OSM).

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 4:09 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdre...@gmail.com