Harald Kliems <kli...@gmail.com> writes:
I don't think that this is a tagging but a routing problem. It seems easy enough to me to program a router "do not use roads with access=private unless they are the first or last segment of a route" or something along those lines.

RE: access=destination. Not sure what the convention is in the US, but in Germany this is mainly used for public roads open only to people living or having business to do on the road, usually to prevent through-traffic. There is an official road sign for this <http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anlieger#mediaviewer/File:Zusatzzeichen_1020-30.svg>http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anlieger#mediaviewer/File:Zusatzzeichen_1020-30.svg

Right, Harald. I agree that access=destination is quite useful as it has exactly that semantic meaning. But it doesn't seem too far a stretch to ask it to enclose "if you MUST use (route to) this roadway to achieve your destination, go ahead and include it in your route" as well.

SteveA
California