From: Volker Schmidt [mailto:vosc...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 11, 2015 8:53 AM
To: talk-us@openstreetmap.org
Subject: [Talk-us] RE; Bike route relation issues

Regarding

  the Great Divide Mountain Bike Route:
        http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/3161159

I have three comments:

1) The first one is that as far as I know it is not signposted, so it should
not be in OSM as a relation.

Only if the ACA have plans to put signs up, it could became a proposed route
(state=proposed).

OSM is not the place to put unsigned routes, even if they are very important.
Obviously this issue is for Kerry Irons to answer, as its one of their routes

2) if it is to be in OSM it is a national route (ncn)

3) if it is a "Mountain bike Route" by name, I suppose it is also in reality,
so most likely it would be route=mtb (Kerry to decide)

Obviously it would be a pity to lose all the work Jimmy FL has put in it, but
OSM should not become the repository of "private" routes.

Volker

Padova/Italy