On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 1:20 AM, Paul Johnson <ba...@ursamundi.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 17, 2015 at 3:13 AM, Bryce Nesbitt <bry...@obviously.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> A caravan site might have 200 private hookups. We don't want the hookups
>> to be rendered at the same level as the central dump station.
>> Backyard dump stations should render even less prominently, if they are
>> even mapped at all.
>>

> Let's not forget that tagging isn't the renderer.  If a renderer can't dim
> or hide access=private on such a POI when it's not desirable to display a
> private sanidump, it's the renderer, not the tagging, that's broken.

Let's not forget that humans are mappers.  The shared sanidump at the local
caravan site might well get tagged access=private.
Or maybe access=private will be used for the per site hookups.

*The cases seem to be:*
private backyard dump stations.
per-site hookup, available only to registered residents (at a long term
residential trailer park or dock).
per-site hookup, available only to registered guests at a leisure
destination
shared dump station, available only to guests of the destination
shared dump station, available for drive up/boat up use.
shared dump station, free.

*Tagged on:*
Way/node
As a tagged property of a mapped place (e.g. campground, store, fuel
station), without a specific position.
As a tagged property of a numbered slot (e.g. sites 1-22 offer per-site
hookups).

Each of those cases needs clear tags if we hope mappers to use them
consistently.  Your suggestions?