* Elliott Plack <elliott.pl...@gmail.com> [2015-05-12 03:32 +0000]:
> I was attempting to do some pedestrian routing on the High Line
[snip]
> 2. There are two parallel ways on the northern part of the park, one for
> the former railway, another for the path. I believe that these should be
> merged or at least share points. The former railway IS the pedestrian path,
> so no need for parallel ways, right?

The path tends to meander a bit.  At some points it's directly over the
path of (one pair of) the rails, but at other points it does indeed run
parallel to or cross the old rail course.  I'm not sure what the situation
is, exactly, for the most northern part of the line; the most recent time
I was there, everything past 30th Street and 11th Avenue was closed, so I
didn't get a chance to walk the entire thing.

--- --
vi needs to be upgraded to vii.
                       -- BOFH excuse #448