On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 10:27 AM, Richard Welty <rwe...@averillpark.net>
wrote:

> 1) formalize the README tag as a way to caution future mappers
>
> 2) request editor support, when someone goes to change a
> README tagged entity, it would be nice if editors would popup
> a dialog saying something along the lines of
>
> Warning: read the following before making any changes to this
> object <README text follows>
>
> other suggestions that have been made have included trying to
> make the dates on which imagery was collected more obvious,
> adding warnings when edits are newer than available imagery
> (or newer than the imagery layer currently being displayed),
> and pressing to get more current imagery into place.
>
> does anyone have any thoughts on how to approach this?

This certainly needs an editor fix. iD doesn't pick up a readme=* tag so
the user isn't even aware someone wrote a warning message.

The readme tag is more of a bandaid. A better way might be to capture the
image date as a tag. The editor could then issue a warning message if the
image date is older than the feature being modified. Not sure how this
would work when different zoom levels have different dates. For example, if
I see a road at zoom 14, but not at 19, I might use a little of both zoom
levels to draw the feature.

In any event, we need a way to warn the editor.

--
@osm_seattle
osm_seattle.snowandsnow.us