On 8/18/2015 8:05 AM, James Mast wrote:
Best thing to do here IMO, is to call them out the edit(s) in the changeset comment(s) area and tell them why it shouldn't have been done and hopefully they'll learn from this.

I would strongly urge people to do this, for a few reasons

- They should learn something
- It's public, so others can learn from it and see that the user has been contacted and join in - It's searchable, so you can see if there are systematic problems with a user's edits - The first thing the Data Working Group will generally ask is if you've commented on the changesets

If a user is not replying to changeset comments or is continuing to make the same mistakes over and over again after they've been pointed out, you can escalate the matter to the Data Working Group at d...@osmfoundation.org. Please include IDs of changesets with comments so we can easily find them. We can require the user to reply to changeset comments before continuing to make problem edits.

This is not specific to paid editors, but can apply to any editor repeatedly making mistakes and not learning from them.

Do remember, we were all new once, and all made new user mistakes once. We learn by doing and constructive criticism. It's only when someone doesn't learn or ignore comments that it's a problem.

Paul Norman
For the Data Working Group