On 10/06/2015 05:57 PM, Peter Dobratz wrote:
No, but if you just want offline GPS navigation based on OSM data, get Maps.me
Or (as I just stated in the iOS thread, where it really was off topic), BackCountry Navigator. I've never tried handling Garmin formats with it, but it works just fine with OSM or OpenCycleMap (etc) as map sources. It also has USGS topos, USFS maps, and various other data sources. You can download map areas for offline use.

I've used it to map several hundred miles of hiking trail including the whole length of http://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/4286650 and as secondary navigation on a number of bushwhack hikes, including visits to the trailless peaks in this area, which is about as savage as the Eastern US gets: https://kbk.is-a-geek.net/catskills/test3.html?la=41.9912&lo=-74.3730&z=13

You can see from the above that I produce my own maps for it, using Mapnik of course!

--
73 de ke9tv/2, Kevin