> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2015 14:44:01 -0700
> From: Greg Morgan <dr.kludge...@gmail.com>
> To: talk-us@openstreetmap.org
> Subject: [Talk-us] Android Phone App that Uses Garmin Format -- Was
>       Whole-US Garmin Map update - 2015-09-30
>

> I think my Garmin GPS finally died.  Has anyone had experience with or
> can recommend an Android app that uses the Garmin file format?  I seem
> to be in areas where the data roaming does not shine.  It would be
> nice to toss one of these US Garmin files on the SD card and still be
> able to navigate.  The primary concern is navigation so the other
> editing features and such are not as great of a concern.
>
> Thanks,
> Greg

Personally I use Locus Map Pro.  It was one of the first apps I bought.  It
does a lot of mapping functions quite well.  There are some apps that are more
focused and may have better features in those contexts.  I understand that
OruxMaps can read Garmin files.  I do not have a Garmin and have not used
OruxMaps enough to comment one way or another on that.

Thank you,

Doug Peterson