Elliott Plack wrote:
> I am now leaning towards the shoulder tag, and perhaps
> recommending that the routing tools consider that.

I'd be genuinely delighted to add shoulder support to cycle.travel when
there's more than a trace number of shoulder tags present in the OSM
database - missing shoulder information is the second biggest bike routing
issue in the US IMO (after bogus TIGER highway=residential, of course). But
as Paul says, please don't misuse cycleway tags for this.

cheers
Richard