On 11/13/2015 10:42 PM, Elliott Plack wrote:
Folks,

There's a lot of sandbox type data at 0°, 0° on OSM. Any special method to clean that up? I noticed it on the Mapbox Foursquare map, because creating lists defaults the map to 0,0 at z10. Any way we can polish that area up?

It looks okay right now, though there was a bad place=locality there a day ago. The rendering Foursquare uses may not be up to date.

Cleaning this area up is pretty easy since all that's there is a buoy. You can just select the other data and delete it.

For some time there was a LearnOSM tutorial that periodically leaked data to the region, but that's been fixed. Of course, occasionally there's data that makes it there with software bugs, generally in import conversions, and I think some JOSM versions start at 0,0 in the right conditions.

Note: 0,0 is quite clearly not in the US ;)