Checking the certificate[1] via a web browser says that the certificate for
https://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/StartupPage is valid from ‎Friday,
‎December ‎09, ‎2016 1:37:29 PM until 12/9/2016.  If you haven't used this
computer for awhile you might check your JOSM version.  I had no problems
last night nor since the cert was issued on 12/9 with the latest version of
JOSM. I don't know if the SHA-1 issue[2] is related.

If the issue is a proxy problem as Mike pointed out, then I recall that you
have to add -Dhttp.proxyHost=yourProxyURL to your JOSM arguments before you
can change the proxy settings in your preferences.

[1]
https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95617?p=ui_security_indicator&rd=1
[2] http://blog.chromium.org/2014/09/gradually-sunsetting-sha-1.html