This was helpful, thank you.

> Generally it is recommended to tag boundary=administrative,
> admin_level=<highgest admin level involved>, and no names (no county:left,
> county:right stuff etc either).

Makes sense to me; I'll do this.

> Yes, that's what I would suggest. It would be nice if our tools allowed you
> to simply make the Westminster *relation* an "inner" of Orange county and
> thereby automatically do the donut justice but that's not supported by
> anything really.

Ok, this didn't really work.

I tagged the donut hole as an "outer" role in Orange county - an outer within
an outer - and the shared border shows "Orange County   Westminster" together
on the outside of the donut hole. I would have imagined the OC being on the
inside of the border.

What it looks like now:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=19/33.73459/-117.98256&layers=N

I guess I should undo these experiments and leave it alone.

Steve