Dr. Mueller:

There is no problem!

OpenStreetMap endeavors to be many things to many people, academia and students
VERY much included!  All I was saying is that it can be helpful to find a local
ambassador to act as a guide.  This isn’t necessary, merely helpful.  If I had
more bandwidth to offer you (and I am in California, not Pennsylvania) I myself
would offer to be that person, alas, I cannot do so.

I wish the very best to you and your students and encourage your continuing to
use OSM as you see fit.

SteveA
California