I just discovered some misguided edits and the user in question seems
to have made many of them over a wide area so I thought I would put
people on notice to be aware of this.

While on the Biking Across Kansas tour last week I saw some odd
looking segments in OsmAnd along US 36 in Kansas. I got home this
weekend and saw the same thing locally.

Upon investigation it looks like user "SD Mapman" has gone around
upgrading grade-separated intersections to highway=motorway,
regardless of any other criteria. So US 36 in Kansas had a random
section of highway=motorway for less than a mile even though the rest
of it is highway=primary and it is a two-lane highway with nothing
between the lanes but a dashed yellow line and sometimes a center
rumble strip.

He also did not use the oneway=no tag so it has ruined routing of
single carriageway highways in one direction because routers assume
motorways are one-way by default.

I made a comment on one of the changesets. I have not received a
response yet however he is now going back and downgrading them from
motorway to trunk. I still think this is not correct and will probably
least in Kansas.

According to a quick overpass query, he is the last editor of
highway=motorway ways in 22 states so these will probably need to be
reviewed.

Here is a link to the Overpass query (warning: a couple MB of JSON to render)
http://overpass-turbo.eu/s/gMq

Toby