And I, too, have a preference for using "none" instead of leaving and
endless line of "|||||||||" to try to parse.  My eyesight isn't getting
better as I get older.

Having said that, if that had been the only thing they did, I wouldn't have
bothered saying anything.  But when their edits turned continuing lanes
into exit-only lanes...well, then it became a *problem*.